Public Library DVD Purchase
This agreement is made to grant the library license without public performance rights for the limited, non-broadcast use of the film It’s a Girl (the “Film”) for the life of the DVD.
I agree that I (“the Licensee”) shall pay to Shadowline Films, LLC (“the Licensor”) a licensing fee in the sum of $39.00 per DVD copy, which shall become due and payable prior to shipment of the DVD. In consideration of payment of the license fee provided for above, the Licensor hereby grants to the Licensee, without warranty, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to screen the Film, subject to the terms and conditions specified herein, as follows
- The Licensee hereby expressly agrees that the Film shall be used only for the permitted purposes as set forth in this agreement and for no other purpose.
- This license does not include Public Performance Rights (PPR) and may not be used for public screenings. Licensee may only use the film for standard library circulation (lending to library patrons and other regular library activities).
- The Licensee agrees that the cost to deliver the DVD is at the Licensee’s cost.
- The Licensee agrees that it shall not permit the Film to be duplicated, sold, lent to another institution, transferred, broadcast or made available to any other party outside of the Licensee’s institution not contained herein at any time or in any manner other than as provided for in this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall not be assignable by Licensee without Licensor’s prior written consent, and any purported assignment thereof without such consent shall be null and void from the making thereof.
- Licensee shall indemnify and hold harmless Licensor, its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies and their directors, employees, agents, shareholders, licensees and assigns from all claims, liabilities, damages, costs and reasonable outside legal fees (other than with respect to any settlement entered into without Licensor’s written consent or claim to which Licensor has not been notified) arising from Licensee’s breach of this agreement and/or exploitation of the film hereunder.
With respect to the License granted hereunder, it is expressly understood and acknowledged by the Licensee that any rights, title, or interest that the Licensor maintains with respect to the Film are expressly reserved by the Licensor. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and any amendments, changes, or modifications shall have legal effect and be binding only if made in writing and signed by both parties.